Our Board of Directors
Cathie McHenry, President
Pat Simon, Vice President
Nicole Pena, Secretary
Susan Bott, Treasurer
Teresa McNeil MacLean
Our Mission Statement
“Working together to sustain the beauty and environment of the Santa Ynez Valley” W. E. Watch educates our members and the community about ecological issues affecting the quality of life in the Santa Ynez Valley. We actively support socially responsible efforts to protect our surroundings for ourselves and future generations while allowing for differences of opinions and approaches.
- We dedicate our efforts to the maintenance of healthier land use and to an enhanced quality of life.
- We affirm both the rational and the intuitive in all our work.
- We establish our goals and programs based on the needs and interests of our members and communities.
- We respond flexibly to the changing needs and conditions of the individuals and communities that make up our Santa Ynez Valley.
- We respect the spiritual and cultural roots of individuals and communities as we strive to preserve and protect our Valley’s environment.
- We listen respectfully to the people with whom we work and to each other. This kind of listening deepens understanding, allows lasting relationships to develop and brings wholeness to our work.
- We educate ourselves and provide information to others so that solutions to problems can come from within individuals and communities.
- We seek long-term solutions that respect our Valley by remaining committed to actions that are environmentally sensitive and sound.
- We support careful analysis of proposed land development adhering to a long-term vision for growth that maintains our quality of life.
- We support dialogue between government and its constituencies that promotes sharing of ideas and information, addresses problems and assists in developing solutions.